As I conducted my annual reading of the Declaration of Independence, I was struck by the thought, “What would Thomas Jefferson write today if he were revising this document?”
Well, I have no idea. So I worked on what I can- how would I revise it? So I did. Before you read it there are a few caveats:
- I focused on what I know- finance and economics. There is scant technology in the original so this is largely not discussed. The current document gives voice to my concerns regarding the current global economic condition.
- I sought to edit the original document and insert/excerpt as little language as possible.
- I avoided the issues related to the current public dialog on security, privacy and surveillance. I deeply believe these are very important, but I wanted an undiluted message communicating a critical issue of our time.
Dedicated to the economic well-being and abundance of people everywhere.
IN CYBERSPACE, July 4, 2014 (238 Years after the Political Declaration of Independence of the United States.)
The unanimous Declaration of the collection of Economically Independent Agents across the planet
When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for people everywhere to dissolve the economic bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal economic station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of humankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the economic separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all humans are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Economic Rights, that among these are Equal Access to Economic Entrepreneurship, An Unbiased Economic Landscape and the pursuit of Economic Well Being.–That to secure these rights, Governments and Economic Systems are instituted among People, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, –That whenever any Form of Government or Economic system becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government or Economic system, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Economic Well Being and Economic Growth.
Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments and Economic Systems long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses including concentration of wealth in the hands of a select few, legislation and politics dominated by economic funding and special interests, unchecked power of corporate interests and economic access to those in positions of political or economic privilege, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Economic Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government and Economic System, and to provide new Guards for their future security.–Such has been the patient sufferance of these global citizens; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Economic Systems including global transactions of trade and state controlled currencies. The history of the present Economic system such as was crafted and evolved since after World War 2 is a history of repeated economic injuries, economic injustice and economic control, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Economic Tyranny by a minority controlling Wealth over these people of the world. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.
- The current Government and Economic System has evolved into one of highly centralized control over the majority of the Earth’s Wealth and Resources and Capital flows. This is universally acknowledged to increase economic risk and stifle economic activity and growth.
- The current Economic System has evolved into one of strict control of capital flows and economic activity through state controlled currencies.
- The current Economic System has evolved into one whereby Economic Resources are concentrated at unprecedented levels such that economic activity for society at large is at risk. Wealth concentration at current levels is an unsustainable economic system for pursuit of Economic Well Being and is completely unpredictable under stress.
- The current Economic System has Centralization of Economic Resources thereby creating an unprecedented Economic Risk to the economy of the world.
- The current Economic System has evolved into one of centralized control of capital among a small cartel of banking and corporate interests thereby subjecting the world to unprecedented economic risk through contagion during times of economic stress.
- The current Economic System has evolved into one of riskless (arbitrage) profits for those controlling capital. This is a fundamental violation of free market principles. Whereby those controlling capital have profited from a highly advantaged economic position and taken unreasonable risks resulting in their economic ruin being averted solely through extraordinary use of public capital. There have been no legal or economic costs associated with this economic abuse.
- The current Economic System has evolved into one whereby those controlling capital have been found to perpetrate economic abuse through market manipulation of key economic resources and metrics such as LIBOR, Gold and others. For this, there are no legal or economically relevant consequences.
- The current Economic System has evolved to grant even more economic privilege to those currently holding it most. Access to Economic opportunity is fundamental and necessary for a vibrant global economy.
- The current Economic System has evolved into a symbiotic relationship between legislators and their economic donors resulting in the passing of Laws of immediate and pressing importance to donors to economic detriment of broader society. This stifles economic competition and stilts the emergence of innovation in businesses, entrepreneurship and technology.
- The current Economic System has evolved into one of privilege for the privileged and has neglected to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people seeking economic growth and well-being. The current donor-patron system of legislation fails to address the economic interests of the greater majority of people in the world. These people of the world often have either never been granted the right of Representation in Legislature or have lost it, a right inestimable to them and formidable to economic tyrants only.
- The current Economic System has called together bodies of Economic Privilege at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their public Records, for the sole purpose of forging these bodies of Economic Privilege into informal systems of political and economic influence that maintain their economic dominance.
- The current Economic System has leveraged the unequal economic access to legal representation repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness any legal challenges to the Economically Privileged invasions on the rights of the people.
- The current Government and Economic System has evolved for a long time, to cause others to not be elected that represent the economic interests of the lower economic strata; whereby the Legislative powers, incapable of Annihilation, have returned to the People at large for their exercise; the vast majority of people of the world remaining in the mean time exposed to all the dangers of economic distress from without, and continued economic erosion within.
- The current Government and Economic System has endeavored to prevent immigration reform, except for the interests of Corporate patrons. Resulting in the obstructing of Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither, and thus limiting access to economic opportunity.
- The current Government and Economic System has erected a multitude of New “Security” Offices, Policies, Secret Legislation, and aggressively conducts active, deep surveillance, and sent hither swarms of Security Officers to harass and surveil our people, and erode our economic competitiveness.
- The current Government and Economic System has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies of Governmental, Private and Corporate Intelligence without the Consent of our legislatures.
In every stage of these Oppressions We have as a whole failed to adequately Petition for Redress in the most humble terms: Our failure to Petition Effectively have been answered only by repeated injury. A People that bear up under Economic Tyranny without refusal, become thus marked by every act which may be inflicted by an Economic Tyrant, is unfit to be a free people.
We are this day called to Petition Effectively by economic activism in line with the principles of:
- Equal Access to Economic Entrepreneurship
- An Unbiased Economic Landscape
- Economic Well Being
- Liberation for Control via State Owned and Controlled Currencies
Nor have we been wanting in attentions to the current Government and Economic System. We have warned them from time to time of attempts by their neglect of legislature that they extend an unsustainable economic risk over us. We have reminded them of the circumstances of our emigration and settlement here. We have appealed to their oaths to the Constitution of the United States, or native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these acts of Economic Tyranny. They too have been deaf to the voice of economic justice and of consanguinity.
We, therefore, the Citizens of the Global Economic Community of Humankind, Decentralized, Unassembled, appealing to the Economic and Political Leaders of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of this World, solemnly publish and declare, That these Citizens of the Global Economic Community of Humankind are, and of Right ought to be Economically Free and Independent Economic Agents; that we are Absolved from all Allegiance to trade strictly by State Controlled Currencies, and that Economic Repression via Control of Currency and Capital, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent Economic Agents, they have full Power to conduct Commerce, conduct Trade of Goods and Services. Make Contracts, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts of Economic Activity, Growth and Entrepreneurship, and Things which Economically Independent Agents may of right do. And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.